Can't get my files to display!

flarefox

Ok, I have files in more than one language, mainly mp3 files. The japanese ones display ok and the english ones display ok, but not the russian ones! I had everything sorted in windows by the names of the files and things and it displayed perfectly, now, when I rip my Linda cd or download it even, I can't do that...what's the reason? How can I get Russian characters to display in Konqueror, xmms, and most of the other programs that will be displaying them? I installed all the necessary language packs, and when the problem arose, I went back in and installed all the other ones, so I have all the language files I should ever need and then I went in and added Russian under my localization settings, but still no luck. Anyone know what I'm supposed to do?

I tried what you said and installed several cyrillic fontsets and other things on there and tried as hard as I can to get it all to work with me, but still no luck. I can set my localization settings to russia and then all text displays in russian, but still not those files. Is there some problem with them or something? I completely don't understand what the problem is if I have all the necessary files installed and have gone through all the menus and things. Is it the X server? How could I check that to make sure that can display them? Could it be koi-8 or some other encoding that is russian? I installed fontsets for that just in case and it didn't help at all either...