NTFS Partitions?

Guest ThePainter

Guest ThePainter

Hi,

Thanks for putting my last post in the right place.

I have installed Mandrake 9.2, its been lying in the cupboard for a while, I dual boot against XP Home. I cant fid my other partitions from within Mandrake. It can see them in the partitioning program but I cant find a way to access them like I would in Explorer.

Also I know this has been asked before but it automatically installed the LILO on the HD and I wanted it on a floppy. how do I uninstall it and put it on the floppy. do I just reboot to the CD then what?

Indeed you can see your windows partitions (NTFS and also FAT) in /mnt/. It will be named windows_c or something like that.

Now for LiLo. You can easy change the location of this boot-program by going into the Mandrake control center. You can change the location by "installing" (in fact re-installing) the boot loader. Just give as location "fd0" in stead of "hda1".

In some cases the bootloader is not removed from your MBR. When you have this problem, just start up your computer with a DOS startup floppy disk (installation disk windows 98 also will work well). After starting up give the command FDISK /MBR and your bootsector will be clean again. Only do this afer you have verified Mandrake boots correctly from your floppy of course!