Help installing real-vnc

Urza9814

I'm trying to install Real-vnc...using the only RPMs they had (Redhat 7.3 RPM (.i386.rpm))

They've got tar.gz too...but I've never managed to get one of those to work...

here's my problem:

[root@localhost urza9814]# rpm -ivl /home/urza9814/Documents/Installers/vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm
Preparing packages for installation...
       package vnc-3.3.7-1 is already installed
       file /usr/share/vnc/classes/DesCipher.class from install of vnc-3.3.7-1 conflicts with file from package tightvnc-1.2.7-5mdk
       file /usr/share/vnc/classes/index.vnc from install of vnc-3.3.7-1 conflicts with file from package tightvnc-1.2.7-5mdk
[root@localhost urza9814]# rpm -ivl --force /home/urza9814/Documents/Installers/vnc-3.3.7-1.i386.rpm
Preparing packages for installation...
vnc-3.3.7-1
[root@localhost urza9814]#

Their site is www.realvnc.com if you need to look at something or are interested in it...

You already have tightvnc installed and it's conflicting with the RH rpm.

I'm using tightvnc with no problems on Mdk 10. Try uninstalling first the RH rpm and then uninstall tightvnc - it may have been damaged by the --force install you did. Then reinstall the tightvnc Mdk 10 rpm.

Type (as user, not su): vncserver :1 on the machine you will be viewing, and supply a password when prompted

On the other machine (after installing there too), type vncviewer 192.168.1.1:1, or whatever the IP of the other box is, and you should be set

sweet! the first command doesn't work, but I don't care, I don't need that from this comp...I knew Linux had a lot of progs like this, but I didn't think they'd work with windoze, which is why I was trying vncviewer...excellent...now I just have to wait for my brother to get home... :P