SATA drive

Desire

Anyone out there have Mandrake 10 Official installed on a SATA drive?

I just built a system not too long ago

MSI KT6V-LS

AMD Athlon 2500+ (Barton)

Seagate 80GB SATA drive

Trying to install Mandrake 10 Official on this drive but it almost appears Mandrake isn't quite sure how to deal with it.

When booting up it recognizes the VIA controller (VT 8237) and looks like it wants to set up the drive as hda.

When I get to the partition part of the installation it gives me this message

lost interupt

lost interupt

lost interupt

(a really long time transpires between the lost interupt messages)

If anyone could give me some pointers on what I'm doing or not doing I'd really appreciate it. Also it's not too big of a deal I have a spare 40GB Maxtor IDE that I installed in the system and have Mandrake 10 OE installed on it and it's perfectly fine, would just like to get the SATA drvie going one of these days.

Interesting note is MDK recognized Maxtor drive as "hde".

Thanks

Let me give you the usual cheat codes and see if they help. Boot off the install cd-1 and as soon as you see the install screen hit F1 which will take you to a boot prompt. At the prompt type:

linux noapic nolapic

That has worked for many with install hang problems. If not, also try adding "nodma".

Other things to check: are you sure you have a good download, i.e. did you md5sum the isos; is plug 'n play disabled is the bios - it should be disabled.

pmpatrick-

I've almost come to the conclusion that it may be a faulty drive. The reason I think it might be this is because I downloaded Mandrake 10 Official with the kernel 2.6.3 mdk13, I tried previously with 2.6.3mdk7. Wiht the updated version it recgnizes the controller and drive perfectly fine. So I'll have to test the drive with another system/OS and if that doesn't work I'll take it in for testing from where I bought it.

Next I'll get a Maxtor and see how that works (which is my favorite brand)

I should also head over to the Seagate website and see if I can dig anthing up there.