How do you program C++ on MDK?

I'm really confused as to how to program C++ on Mandrake...I tried both QT and KDevelop, and each time here's what I got: I figured out how to create a new project. I did that. Then I couldn't figure out how to make a source file/where to start typing the program. Can someone please help me, or guide me to a compiler more like Dev-C++ please! :wall:

edit: I got Dev-C++ wine-ed...it's running...for now at least..I still wanna know this though...dev-c++ is gonna give me exes if I compile...I'd rather not have to wine those too...though I suppose I could figure out how to open the source on kdevelop or something...

wait...dev-c++ just disappered...maybe it didn't work... :S

Edited by Urza9814

Aight, here's where I'm at now. I got the source code, but when I try to compile it under a linux prog, it says I didn't include a makefile...and it's annoying me greatly...this is so much easier in winblows....wow...I never thought I'd say that...it...cant...be...*shoots self* :P

Edited by Urza9814

I haven't used kdevelop for some time, but normally you just create a new project and start programming. The automake, ... files are generated automatically by kdevelop normally ...

Here's a how-to with some screenshots, that maybe helps you ...

http://docs.kde.org/en/3.2/kdevelop/kde_app_devel/

other tutorials if interested ...:

http://kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3..../tutorials.html

Hope you get it to work ....

else ..could you write down the error(s) here ?

I get to this step in that first link:

Upon completion, the Application Wizard should close and the messages window should popup displaying information about the tasks that KDevelop is currently doing. At the end of all of the tasks, you should see **** Success *****. This means the application framework was successfully loaded.

But then it moves onto 'The First Build'...and I don't recognize anything it shows or talks about...

You can also learn how to make makefiles.. When I was in Comp Sci back then... (lol) we had to make our own makefiles so our C apps would run under our berkeley unix system..

Basically, per source file you are specifying dependancies and how to compile it. Makefile will check the depenancies and make sure they are compiled before compiling the source file...

Same with the final app file, you specify the depenancies for it and they are all compiled to object files before it attempts to make the final app.

Can be a "cool" thing to know and understand..