installing k3b

null

I got the tar for k3b, and did the ./configure a couple of times. I keep getting some error about .... I forget... something kde header ... use a different prefix or something...

As per the INSTALL file you should do ./cofigure --prefix='kde-config --prefix'

I'm not sure what to type for prefix.

Anyways, I got pissed and googled install k3b, and found some instructions for using apt to install it. I added the repository to my sources.list file that was specified in the instructions, and tried:

apt-get install k3b

It found k3b, but it tells me some stupid dependency in uninstallable: libsamplerate.so.0

This is talking about FC 1 by the way. I remember installling k3b with apt-get when I had RH 9, and it installed without complaint.

This is really irritating as hell, that installling a stupid cd burning program is an evening project.

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, I did search, but I don't have much luck searching this board.

Edited by null

Sorry this is a little late, null.

Just a suggestion: have you tried using urpmi to install k3b? That should take care of all your dependency problem, I think :unsure: There's an excellent FAQ on it in the FAQ section.

I'm no expert on these things, but I thought apt-get was for Debian? Or is it available fo Mandrake too?

This was a Fedora Core 1 machine. I sometimes post questions in Software - even though most members would rightfully assume I am using mandrake. I probably didn't get any replies cause people saw I was on Fedora, so it was my fault.

I am so spoiled on apt-get that in the past year I have just been using RH9 and more recently FC 1.

I just couldn't get it installed under FC 1. The ./configure wanted some kind of prefix, and I didn't know what to do with that. So I googled, found an apt repository with k3b, and tried to install in with apt. Kept giving me "libsamplerate.so.0 is an uninstallable dependency...". I have used apt like crazy with RedHat during the past year and have never had a dependency problem.

So I was pretty ticked by then, and posted here. No replies though for a long time, so I just said "screw it" and re-installed RH9 over my FC 1 install. Set up apt and did apt-get install k3b - just like I did under FC 1 - but with RH it installed perfectly.

I still don't know why it works for RH but not FC, but at least I have k3b installed now.

Edited by null