Problem Installing!

OK, I have a ThinkPad R31 and have been experimenting with different distros lately. I began with Mandrake 9.1, and so far that has been the best one...I tried installing Debian last night, but there was a major graphics issue, so I just want to re-install Mandrake 9.1 off of the same CD's I have used many times (they have always worked). So I tried booting off the CD, and it would take me to the initial screen, where I would press Enter to enter the installation setup. Then it would try to load the program into memory. Try being the key word. It would take forever and not get very far. After a few minutes of trying, it would go to a blank screen and say something like "Fatal error occurred: could not locate /usr/bin/install2 or a file similar to that...I know it was in /usr and I know the file had "install2" in it. ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S UP? I just want linux back! I'm on Windows right now (dual-boot) and it's killing me!