mythtv install from rpm?

Peep

I know MythTV is supposed to be notoriously tough to install, but I wanted to try playing with it. I installed with RPMs on 10.0 CE, and tried both the individual packages and the meta package. I can get the basic program up and running but many of the components do not work because of version conflicts like this:

The mythmusic plugin was compiled against libmyth version: 0.14.20040102-1, but the installed libmyth is at version: 0.14.20040123-1.  You probably want to recompile the mythmusic plugin after doing a make distclean.

I've tried searching for different versions of the library, but can't find them anywhere. Can others get this to work from RPM? Should I try compiling it from source or try the CVS? Thanks.

ok, i've gotten it working. for whatever reason, anytime i install using urpmi, it seems to install the wrong rpms. but if i manually download thac's rpms for the messed up modules from http://rpm.nyvalls.se/graphics10.0.html, it works. i'm really thinking about buying some htpc hardware and keeping a machine hooked to the tv and stereo fulltime. mythtv is pretty cool.