GTK problem

Neorion

I am running 10. community. I recently needed gtk to run a program i downloaded. It said i did not have GTK greatenough. So i went to freshmeat and downloaded the .tar.gz file. I ran it as root and it produced this error :

------------

configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

----------

I downloaded GLIB (also from freshmeat)latest package

it appeared to run thorugh fine with the directions found in INSTALL

I went back to the terminal and ran GTK again.

IT didnt work.

~

am i running something wrong in prefixes. do i need to configure something to a special directory.

Any help is appreciated.

-Neorion

I think Neorion should just download the ISO's and burn them himself :screwy: . I also know your having problems with installing software, go to MCC>software manager>media manager> and delete all the entries there, then go to add and choose "removable media" and go to the path of your cdrom (ex. /mnt/cdrom) and just add the three sources again :thumbs:

-Neocytrix