MDK10 graphical boot screen

Guest jackson321

Guest jackson321

Dear users,

With new MDK10 I don't know how to set up the system so that the initial boot sequence is done on a graphical screen ?????

Thank you all

P.S. bootloader is lilo

jackson

OK,

goto mcc, then "boot" then "bootloader" click "next", highlight w/ mouse the entry you use to boot with (I use linux-enterprise) then click "modify" on right side of screen. Now, click on advanced, now click on a screen size that is of a size you desire that INCLUDES (FrameBuffer only) option. click "OK" and then "finish".

Now,

goto "boot theme", check "use graphical boot", choose your theme, then check "display theme under console".

reboot.

should work as I just figured it out this am.

good luck, ymmv

erratic

Guest jackson321
OK,

goto mcc, then "boot" then "bootloader" click "next", highlight w/ mouse the entry you use to boot with (I use linux-enterprise) then click "modify" on right side of screen.  Now, click on advanced, now click on a screen size that is of a size you desire that INCLUDES (FrameBuffer only) option.  click "OK" and then "finish".

Now,

goto "boot theme", check "use graphical boot", choose your theme, then check "display theme under console". 

reboot.

should work as I just figured it out this am. 

good luck, ymmv

erratic

Thanks for help

jackson

Guest jackson321
Please post your /etc/lilo.conf because normally it should already be graphical; mine is on my system spec page, see link in sig..

Thank xou . I got the solution !!!!!!!

bye from jackson

Guest jackson321
Please post your /etc/lilo.conf because normally it should already be graphical; mine is on my system spec page, see link in sig..

Thank you. I  reedited the mcc boot  advanced parameters.

It works fine now

jackson

Thank you all,

I have resolved the problem

Greetings jackson