Weird rpmdrake behavior...

Eshock

After installing the latest updates, I've found I can't get anything to install at all. Everytime I click "install" to install any package, the rpmdrake window just goes away without any error messages or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

The ftp sites are messed up it seems, should be fixed in a day or so (I hope, have no clue really) - it all has to do with Mandrake 10.0CE phasing into OE and out of devel.

This implies that for sources other than the installation cds urpmi has to be configured again, to point to the correct ftp directories...

In case anyone knows when the ftp servers should be working again (with rpms in new dirs naturally), please do tell.

Also, if you find an ftp site that is setup properly, shout out.

Thanks.

Eshock, I had the exact same problem. After running rpmdrake from the console, I got this error message:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Gtk2::Allocation" (perhaps you forgot to load "Gtk2::Allocation"?) at /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm line 997.

I did a newsgroup search, and found that this was a reported bug. There's a patch available at:

https://qa.mandrakesoft.com/attachment.cgi?...544&action=view

I just tried it, and it worked like a charm.

Marc...