10CE: TV tunner card & audio card won't autodetect

apolinaras

I have STB Tv PRO tv tunner card (it is based on Bt848 chipset, so bttv should do it) and Philips Dynamic Edge PSC604 audio card with SPDIF out (it is based on CM 8738 chipset, so snd-cmipci should work in this case).

Well, I just installed Mandrake 10CE with 2.6 Kernel and neither of the cards are being auto-detected and installed. When I probe for cards with "lspci -v", both can be seen. How can I get them to work?

Hi,

Have you tried the tvtuner configurator which is part of the Mandrake Control Center, its under hardware. It trys to autodetect your card, but it also gives you the option of manually specifying your card from a list. If your card is on the list its worth trying that.

I strongly recommend that you update your drakex tools before you do this as they are quite buggy without the update.

hope that helps

Edited by thelorax

When I upgraded my 9.2 to kernel 2.6.4 I had the problem that after a reboot it just wouldnt recognize the TV card so I had to use MCC everytime to get it to work.

After some research I added the line:

bttv

to my /etc/modprobe.preload and now it does work straigh away upon reboot. :thumbs:

But thats in MDK 9.2. In MDK10CE installed on another partition in the same PC, the TV card starts fine, but i get no sound :-( I can hear KDE sounds and play MP3s no problem, but I get no sound from TV :wall:

I think I've tried everything, aumix, kmix, alsaconf, changing driver in MCC... but nothing works, so i'll stick with 9.2 for the time being untill they release something that wouldnt be call an RC. :furious3: