OpenOffice.org Issues in MDK 10 CE

falcons_85

Hey Everyone

I was wondering if anyone has noticed these issues with openoffice.org in MDK 10 CE ?

It seems to take a long time to load (and I have a P4 2.6GHz with 1GB RAM). Also the fonts for the menus and dialog boxes look poor, like their not anti-aliased. I haven't changed any settings (using KDE). Is this just another bug in MDK 10 CE ?

Hi,

Have you used openoffice before? It always takes a while to open, but it seems as fast as usual on my install.

Openoffice fonts can be a bit dodgy, I suggest looking at their font faqs for help, http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/fontguide.html especially the bit about changing the user interface font. That should help improve the font for the menus and dialog.

My copy takes ages too... i found with mandrake 9.2, that the solution was to simply uninstall the RPM and to install it using the install package available from OpenOffice.org. This brought the load time down from 1 minute + to within 12 seconds!!!!

I haven't tried this in mandrake 10 yet, mainly because i havent had to use OpenOffice yet.

Hope that is of help. Post what u find if you try it, i'll be interested to see if it works again ;)

Edited by extorn

Hi,

On further investigation I also found that it does load files extremely slowly. I also fixed this by uninstalling the copy that came with Mandrake 10 (CE) and doing an install of the version from the openoffice website.

Edited by thelorax