Mandrake10.0 Community and .kde directory

I was wondering if there is a way to tell Mandrake10.0C where to put the .kde directory during the installation. I've got a multi-boot running with Mandrake9.2 and the last time I installed Mandrake10.0C I had issues with personal settings in KDE. KDE3.2 (MDK10.0C) carried over some K panel settings from KDE3.1(MDK9.2) and when I run MDK9.2 I lose some settings in the K panel. Dead links in KDE3.2 and missing links in KDE3.1.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to make separate .kde directories for each version in my /home partition so I can keep settings different for each KDE version. I just want to be able to do this before or during installation of MDK10.0C. Perhaps changing the KDE3.1 .kde directory before installing MDK10.0C.

As of now I've got a / and /home parition for MDK9.2 (and a Wink2k)

I'm new, so tell me if more information is required.

I was wondering if there is a way to tell Mandrake10.0C where to put the .kde directory during the installation. I've got a multi-boot running with Mandrake9.2 and the last time I  installed Mandrake10.0C I had issues with personal settings in KDE. KDE3.2 (MDK10.0C) carried over some K panel settings from KDE3.1(MDK9.2) and when I run MDK9.2 I lose some settings in the K panel. Dead links in KDE3.2 and missing links in KDE3.1.

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to make separate .kde directories for each version in my /home partition so I can keep settings different for each KDE version. I just want to be able to do this before or during installation of MDK10.0C. Perhaps changing the KDE3.1 .kde directory before installing MDK10.0C.

As of now I've got a / and /home parition for MDK9.2 (and a Wink2k)

I'm new, so tell me if more information is required.

try opening konsole and typing

su (it will ask for your root password)

update-menus -v

exit

update-menus -v

Make sure that the rpm database isn't locked

It should fix the missing menu items.

thinkliberty:

I'm familiar with fixing the menu when things disappear sometimes after certain updates. What I'd like to do is set up separate directories for each version of KDE (i.e. /home/harlock/.kde31 and /home/harlock/.kde32) so I can have completely different settings in each one instead of same settings for both 3.1 and 3.2.