gphoto2

Guest BerndS

Guest BerndS

Hi,

my MDK 9.1 installation contains photo2. I tried getting photos from my camera with the gtkam gui: camera - add - select camera - detect. My camera is recognized properly (with port: usb). When I click "apply", I get the following error messages in pop-ups: "could not list folders in "/"" and "could not initialise camera.

I have read through the instructions at www.gphoto.org but could not find any reference to that error.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

my MDK 9.1 installation contains photo2. I tried getting photos from my camera with the gtkam gui: camera - add - select camera - detect. My camera is recognized properly (with port: usb). When I click "apply", I get the following error messages in pop-ups: "could not list folders in "/"" and "could not initialise camera.

I have read through the instructions at www.gphoto.org but could not find any reference to that error.

Any help appreciated.

What kind of camera are you using?

Does it have a memory card? The CF card might be corrupt and need to be reformated.

It's easier to just use a memory card reader to get the photos out of the camera, It's faster most of the time too.

Memory card readers are cheap now days I picked up a 6 in one memory card reader a few months back from newegg.com for 11 dollars.

It looks like the one I got is 9 dollars now.

see:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-182-301&depa=1