Laptop Installation going bad

BGreet

I have an hp ze1230, and I am able to get through the installation all the way up until the summary at which point it is unsure of the driver to be used in xfree86. When I click on configure it defaults to the savage4 chipset. I know the laptop actually has a via prosavage chipset. Any idea on what module I should use so that my installation can work and my laptop does not shut off for no reason? Thanks :)

is this link any help?? i can't tell for sure, but i think your chipset is also called "twister" and the via savage chips are apparently not compatible with s3 savage chipsets.

i can't tell exactly what your computer needs, but

this page of via drivers might help too. if you can't find the right driver during install, maybe you can install a plain VESA driver and find the "correct" driver from within mandrake? i think that's what you usually have to do for nvidia chipsets, so it may be the case for the prosavage as well due to proprietary drivers?

good luck. hopefully someone will come along with more definite info :)