mdk9.1

musclemania

Hi!

Just reinstalled win98se& XP sp1 to hard disk, while formerly installed mdk 9.1 can't be initiated at all, no LILO.later I reboot with mdk installation CD into rescue mood,trying to restore lilo, it's still not working.

even tried with grudge,it couldn't fix up the missing boot sec.......

oH, :earlier under reinstallation process of win98se, I did format disk "c:".perhaps that's cause of mdk failures.

what should I do? is it no option left except reinstalling mdk again?

Do hope you help!

Best regards!

Tom

30/1/2004.......

If your linux is still there, boot the MDK CD in rescue mode (or something similar --I don't know how it is called now--). On booting it automatically will notice any existing partitions. If you remember which one was your root one, just mount it and chroot to it. Then edit /etc/lilo.conf if you need, and run /sbin/lilo. Then reboot normally and enjoy both M$ and Linux again.

Check in the (old) docs for "rescue linux"

boot the rescue disc and get to a shell, then see if you can edit the lilo.conf. i had the same problem once, i can't remember exactly what happened, but somehow everything in lilo got off by one partition. i'm sure there are faqs here that will help.

once you're in there, you should also be able to mount your partitions and see what's in there, make sure that your files still exist :)