XMLTV TV Listings on MDK9.2

kfoss

I am having a similar problem that I have had in the past, in that I cannot connect to the internet with XMLTV. I have tried using a dialup connection but even though I connect, I cannot surf using the direct connection. I have even set the network setting in Configuration-KDE-Network Proxy to direction connection and still nothing.

Additionally, XMLTV states that the grab function can be done through a proxy. I have set the Konqueror, Galeon and KDE network proxy settings to the proxy server I have and XMLTV still doesn't connect. I have exported the HTTP_PROXY setting in the .bash_profile file as well. Still no connection.

This is not to say that I don't have the ability to connection to the net through the proxy. I can get my mail, and surf using Konqueror or Galeon and am even doing Folding@Home through the proxy. Any idea of how to setup the http_proxy environment variable and or allow surfing by my KPPP?