neddie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gnome 2.14, XGL and compiz, and rxvt-unicode with true transparency. :thumbs:
I've absolutely no idea what XGL, compiz or rxvt-unicode are, but they sound good!

I love the idea of screengrabs within screengrabs though, maybe you've started another infinite cat project!!

Gnome 2.14, XGL and compiz, and rxvt-unicode with true transparency. :thumbs:
I've absolutely no idea what XGL, compiz or rxvt-unicode are, but they sound good!

I love the idea of screengrabs within screengrabs though, maybe you've started another infinite cat project!!

All that transparent windows - how you do that? Is that XGL thing?

XGL is the new *experimental* OpenGL-accelerated X server (actually, it still runs on conventional xorg). Compiz is the window manager to be used with XGL, and as you can see it has plugins like cube, rotate, zoom, water effects and so on.

rxvt-unicode is the only xterm (like Konsole or gnome-terminal) which supports true transparency.

I like the window organizer feature the best, i don't install eye candy for the sake of it (I've disabled water effects, couldn't imagine any possible use for it).

here's a useful link

l alt-mouse wheel also makes windows true transparent in compiz...

yes, but that makes everything transparent. the menu bar, window titlebar, scroll bar etc. rxvt-unicode has true transparency in the inside only, meaning it's still easy to see.