DVD & SVCD Slideshow

Guest Philbo

Guest Philbo

I have been using a Win product 'Memories on TV' for a while now to create slideshows and burn them to DVD & SVCD to display Photo's for relatives.

I am looking for a linux based product that with do the same thing, basically displays still photo's (of my choosing) as a slideshow with music backing the slideshow.

Anybody got a suggestion?

I my research I am led to believe that Linspire has added this version to Lphoto v2.0 however I am not using linspire and don't intend to and since they haven't released it for other dist's I need an alternative.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

I my research I am led to believe that Linspire has added this version to Lphoto v2.0 however I am not using linspire and don't intend to and since they haven't released it for other dist's I need an alternative.

You sure? looks like you can get it right here. There are Mandriva RPMs for 10.x, but they may work on 2006 and you can also grab the source and compile it - if their RPMs don't work.

If you need help compiling we can give you some directions there, but the basic format is (from a command line, i.e. konsole):

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
$ make
$ su
Password: <enter root password>
# make install

$ and # are not there as part of the command but rather part of the prompt, to differentiate user from root. Note that you may be required to install some *-devel packages via urpmi to compile it.

Guest Philbo

You sure? looks like you can get it right here. There are Mandriva RPMs for 10.x, but they may work on 2006 and you can also grab the source and compile it - if their RPMs don't work.

If you need help compiling we can give you some directions there, but the basic format is (from a command line, i.e. konsole):

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
$ make
$ su
Password: <enter root password>
# make install

$ and # are not there as part of the command but rather part of the prompt, to differentiate user from root. Note that you may be required to install some *-devel packages via urpmi to compile it.

I have checked out Lphoto 1.0.13 it doesn't have the facility to create either a DVD or SVCD of the slide shows. Memories on TV allows for you to create slideshows (with music in the background) and access then via a menu on the DVD or SVCD. which I have read is a function of Lphoto 2.

As far as I can tell Lphoto 2 is only available to Linspire customers on their CNR program, as I am neither a user of Linspire or a CNR customer I am looking for other options.

Thanks for the suggestion, is there anyway to export the slideshows in Lphoto 1.0.13 and create the DVD SVCD manually?

There's a program called dvdauthor, maybe this will do what you're trying to achieve:

[ian@europa ~]$ urpmf --name author
dvdauthor:dvdauthor-0.6.11-5mdk.i586.rpm
qdvdauthor:qdvdauthor-0.0.10-2mdk.i586.rpm