Firefox 1.5 available

daniewicz

New member, new user, new....well just new. Except for windoze. Been doin' that for awhile and well it's just time for a change.

So, with regards to this post, my Mandriva 2005LE, courtesy of AussieJohn, came bundled with Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2. After having perused these forums looking for answers concerning the non-functioning or slowness of another version of Firefox, I configured this version accordingly and it is working unbelievably well. Even as a client on a NAT gateway, the server of which is my wife's XP box. Not to mention that we are sharing a dialup connection. Anyway, I have been using Firefox version 1.0.6 on my Win2K box and I really like it, especially the little fox logo wrapped around the globe. My question is, does the 1.5 version continue with the little fox logo and if so, is it worth the effort to upgrade when I have a perfectly good working version now? Even though it has the lame dinosaur looking logo in the upper left hand corner it still works just fine.

does the 1.5 version continue with the little fox logo

yes

is it worth the effort to upgrade when I have a perfectly good working version now

Firefox 1.5 is noticeably faster when hitting the back arrow button. It also has more cleanup privacy related options. You decide :cheeky:

I do not use urpmi to install or update firefox on my Mandriva 2005LE, instead choosing to directly download it from mozilla.org. Thus I am not sure if 1.5 is available yet over urpmi.