Qpainter errors while running Konqueror

camorri

I recently discovered Konqueror would not launch and run from an icon. I can launch it command line, and after running it a little I start getting errors about Qpainter not being active.

Here is a sample of the errors.

QPainter::translate: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
QPainter::translate: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active

I have no idea where to start to fix this. My system is up to date. I'm running

uname -a
Linux duelie 2.6.31.12-desktop-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Jan 26 02:59:07 EST 2010 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ GNU/Linux

I use Firefox mostly, so I not sure when this started. I was experiencing a problem accessing my online banking, so I tried Konq, only to find this problem. BTW, the banking problem is not related, as far as I know. Desktop is KDE-4.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

Those messages are a warning from QT, many other applications, such as amarok also cause such warnings. They don't seem to be the cause of your problem though.

I would say the problem is with the launcher, that it's not configured correctly to launch konqueror - since you can run konqueror normally otherwise.

Ian,

Thank-you for the response. I edited the KDE4 menu, and changed the entry to call 'konqueror' and now Konq files into action without problems.

The original command was 'kfmclient loadprofile Mandriva Web Browsing'. That does not work on the command line or from the menu.

That got me looking into the profiles, there are several that come with Konq. I can not find them on my system. Any idea where they should be? Have I got some package missing?

Once I have Konq running, if I try to load a different profile, some load, others crash Konq. Not a big deal, but an irritation.