Upgrade Firefox now or wait?

rogerh

Hello,

I am on Mandriva 2008.1, and am running into the occasional browser (downlevel) problem. The browser is the supplied Firefox 2.0.0.13, and I noticed that Firefox is in the 3.5.x range. The upgrade is not super urgent, but I am wondering if there is a real stable version to go to now (and what is it) or if I should wait a bit until it stabilizes further....

Is upgrading a simple matter of downloading and installing the new version, or is there generally trouble with interaction with the currently installed version?? I would like to have some idea of what I am getting into before I get started. I do plan to save my bookmarks, etc, prior to the upgrade.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Regards -- Roger

Hello,

I looked in my available software, and the latest Firefox is 3.0.0.x. If I am going through the upgrade, I would prefer to get as far along the upgrade cycle as possible (as I obviously don't do it tooooo often) Not sure if my sources from URPMI are correct, or if this is the last 'official' Firefox for 2008.1?? Could be I have not enabled the correct source. Is there any issue with download from Mozilla? I am a novice, and would prefer an RPM so it will just click and load - I am a long way from building my own version.....

Regards -- Roger