Opera 7.23 security update

chris z

to any of you Opera users out there, there have been several security/exploits uncovered in Opera versions 7.22 & below. it's recommended that you get the latest upgrade. read all about it below & get the latest if you're so inclined.........

Opera Security Bulletin

PS: i know that link takes you to an Opera for Windows info page, but that's the default page they use to announce the security bulletin. :o just click on the "download" link at the top, then click on the "linux" link at the top of the next page to get your appropriate version.

Chris

Edited by chris z

I might be wrong, but isn't this only a security risk if you use Opera with Windows? Surely it won't mean much for Linux users?

Anyway, it's best to stay up-to-date, which I am. I have only recently started using Opera because Mozilla and Firebird started freezing up X.

It (opera) is a really cool browser. The ads aren't that intrusive, and if they were, the purchase price is not bad at all...