TopDog

What IM do you use?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What IM do you use?

• Gaim
    • Kopete
    • aMSN
    • Other (spesify)

Hi everyone. I'm addicted to MSN, and used Kopete before, I just reinstalled my PC with mdk9.2 and found that the .rpm for Kopete doesn't work, so I thought that I'd might try another IM-app.

What do you guys think?

If you download the latest rpm from the Club testing site

Club testing site... you mean Mandrake Club?

I've been thinking about joining, is there any reason to go for anything else but "Standard member"?

Sorry for going off-topic in my own topic :oops:

The club organises volunteers to build rpms of popular apps, the results are then made available to everyone (member or not). You can find the Club Contribs on most mirrors: ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/sunsite.uio....ed/MandrakeClub

But I think the rpms that are still in the testing stages are not pubically available, sorry.

I use LICQ (www.licq.org), its just an ICQ messager, could pass as a clone i guess.

From time to time, when chicks require it, i use aMSN, but not very frecuently...

Anyway, i would use Gaim, as i did since the beggining but for some reason stoped working and i cant find whats the problem... it just freezes since version .71 to .73 (actual) havent tryed an older coz they dont support msn, so there is no use in having a multi protocol client when i cant use mp.

Is the stock Gaim that comes with 9.2 set up for the new MSN protacal?

no, i don't believe it's setup for the MSN9 protocol. but then again i recompiled the new one anyways since it has a lot of bugfixes. although there may be a 0.72 RPM hiding somewhere.