2.6 Kernel

Peppercorn

assuming hd/cdrom dma etc...is ok this always fixes my music skipping.......

add

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

to /etc/rc.d/rc.local here in the file....at the bottom basically. the default is 64 or 128 depending on distro......whaaaa???? hehehe

elif [ $SECURE_LEVEL -ge 4 ]; then

rm -f /etc/issue /etc/issue.net

fi

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already set to 1024 so that doesn't fix it for me as for dma thats all enabled. The files are ogg's mp3's and m4a's so dma shouldn't have any effect.

I think it might be todo with the user programs and the ones currently being used getting higher priority in the new kernel. It also only happens so far as I've tested with esd. Alsa works perfectly haven't tried arts as I hate it.

I think whats happening is that I'm using Mozilla or another similar app and I do somehing that needs alot of cpu so it bumps Mozilla to the top of the Que as it's the program that I'm currently using. In the process I think it drops esd down the list as it's a daemon process running in the background rather than a user program that I'm actively using. And the kernels supposed to favour user programs now. Of course it may just be something to do with the patches Mandrake added to the kernel.

Edited by Falcdragon