main unavailable?

Guest urak

Hallo!

I installed Mandriva yesterday and it surprisingly (I'm coming from ubuntu) worked very well from the beginning with my exotic FSC 5535. Now from yesterday evening till now I can't install anything due to errors concerning the main repository. I noticed it is not included (ticked) in the media manager. So I klicked it and got

Unable to update medium, errors reported:

retrieval of [http://ftp.tuniv.szczecin.pl/pub/linux/mandrivalinux/official/2010.0/i586/media/main/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)
problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main"

trying to update via easyurpmi I get

Unable to add medium, errors reported:

retrieval of [http://ftp.tuniv.szczecin.pl/pub/linux/mandrivalinux/official/2010.0/i586/media/main/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)
problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main"
unable to import pubkey file of "Main Backports"
unable to import pubkey file of "Contrib Backports debug"

That means I just have to wait for a week or so till it works? Is there some kind of work around or am I missleaded and mandriva hates me and will never work for my computer? Didn't find anything by googling around for one hour.

Thanks

urak

See this post:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?/topic/97543-unable-to-add-package-media/page__pid__663403__st__0entry663403

currently some troubles with the mirrors. Give it a short time, it should sort itself out.

Ok, that's a bit annoying, but what can you do. Never the less Mandriva saved me one week of installing graphics, wifi and sound. I hope it's not often like that cause all like the Linux out there Mandriva is a bad idea without accessible repositories.

Merry Christmas

Edited by urak

Yo, hohoho, nice to install linux on the 24th. Nerdy Christmas. However I just noticed that Mandriva always was using the same server thinking I'm polish which I'm totally not. Choosing a Server manually solved the checksum problem. Thanks for having a place to write down my problem.

Ok, that's a bit annoying, but what can you do. Never the less Mandriva saved me one week of installing graphics, wifi and sound. I hope it's not often like that cause all like the Linux out there Mandriva is a bad idea without accessible repositories.

Merry Christmas

Welcome urak, and lots of fun with MDV.

Repositories out of order is not that many times an issue.

Good to hear your exotic setup works right out of the box.

Fine days ahead.