NEED HELP INSTALLING MANDRAKE!

impuLse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh:

There have been several good suggestions for you. I still do not understand why you don't want to remove the password and allow the notebook to boot from the cdrom. It just seems like the easiest solution. B)

ok i just totaly fuxed it up..! i used the hd install method and i wanted to erase all disk to have a full hd install of mandrake so then it says it needs to boot up and then what happens absolutly nothign it deleted everything(which is it ment to do) byt including where the i saved the mandrake files where i thought it would save it atleast..NOW WHAT DO I DO :hanged:

Sorry we're not having much luck at this.

I got that link above by searching HP's website for Omnibook 4150, but seeing now that is nothing like the motherboard you have --- let's not go by that photo. This method would still work, but only if it had this set of three pins that were marked specifically to clear the password.

Did we ever try using "Admin" as the BIOS password. I would think chances are good that it was left on the default setting... normal users haven't NO clue they even have a BIOS in their puters.

Here's some good general info I found on cracking this password:

http://computing.net/linux/wwwboard/forum/583.html

Lots of good ideas there, but I am afraid you got one of those that need a special tool that only HP authorized shops would have to clear this mess. I did read on their website you will need proof of ownership, but they can clear this password.