Anybody got any Windows gfx apps running on Linux?

simcon

I use the Gimp and it is great, but I really find Macromedia Fireworks to be the most productive gfx application especially for knocking up quick websites. So my question is has anybody got any Windows apps running under Wine or whatever on their Linux desktop?

I think I've heard stories of people using Photoshop before somehow.

Crossover office runs Photoshop but it's not free. Here's a link to their site. http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/ You can download an evaluation version and see if it runs the software you need. For particular questions about wine itself tho you need to post in the emulation forum. :)

mystified: Thanks for your help. I downloaded the demo and installed Photoshop 5.0. It's old but good. It was so easy to install too :P

All I can say is wow! :o

Apparently all versions of Photoshop work from v5 up to the present v7. If anyone needs professional development software under Linux I can recommend using this Codeweavers Crossover Office. Until we get proper native support this is a good compromise. Also I expect it's possible to buy up old copies of Photoshop cheap from Ebay or similar :)

Cheers.

post-31-1069083843.jpg

Edited by simcon