Moz 1.5 plug-in probs

frosterrj

I am running MDK 9.2 and just dl'd, extracted, and installed Moz 1.5 in the default installation directory /usr/local/mozilla. I made all the symlinks for java, flash, and mplayer in the /usr/local/mozilla/plugins directory but the only registered plugin that Moz sees is flash.

Interesting thing is that as I poked around in /usr/lib and found /mozilla, /mozilla1.3 and /mozilla1.4 there as well. I put the symlinks in each of those directories as well. I know that I am launching Moz1.5 and I have removed my ~/.mozilla and recreated it.

Still no dice. I couldnt find anything searching the archives either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

R

it's recomended by Mozilla that you uninstall previous versions of Moz before installing a new one.

per Mozilla.org

Before installing a new version of Mozilla, you should uninstall your previous version first. If you have a third-party extension installed, particularly the spell checker, you should also completely delete your Mozilla install directory before making a new install. Do not install over an old Mozilla version.

Your profile data is stored separately from Mozilla, so uninstalling Mozilla won?t affect your profile data.

if i had to guess, the remnants of your older versions of Moz are conflicting/confusing Moz1.5. for lack of a better solution, what i would do is uninstall Moz1.5, delete the remnants of your other Moz versions, reinstall Moz1.5, then add your plugins. you can get plugins & info on them here:

Mozilla Linux Plugin Page

Chris

You know.. you could download mozilla 1.5 rpms for mandrake 9.2 from the mandrake club "open ftp" Here is an example link

http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/Mand...ndrakeClub/9.2/

I am running mozilla 1.5 on mandrake 9.2 using those rpms in my laptop and my desktop is running mozilla 1.5 on Mandrake 9.1 using the 9.1 version of the Mandrakeclub rpm. No problem so far although I need to copy (not just symlink) the content of my mozilla 1.4 plugins to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins so they are detected more universally.

OK did that.....BTW, can only Club members use urpmi with the above link? I couldn't add it to my sources and had to do it manually :o . All the plugins work. Haven't found a realplayer yet. Still have the same probs as the last 5 versions of this dog.

this is not my thread, please do not respond here....pm me if you have a clue

1. Can't login....anywhere. 'Submit' button never works, and neither does hitting enter.

2. Can't 'Open File'....nothing happens

3. Tools>'Import' bookmarks doesn't work.....have to manually copy and paste from a backup.

This is the first version in 3 that would even allow me to edit bookmarks. Again, galeon works great! :headbang: ...always does.....I long for the day that it's independent of mozilla. Review? :wall: thumbs down again. You'd think after 5 broken versions they just stop bothering us with having to download it to have real browsers...galeon/mozilla-firebird. ;)

[EDIT] just checked mozilla-firebird......all is well, again.