Updated Kernel

FX

Updated kernel with MCC. I have never updated with MCC before. I have wth synaptic and RH and this seems a little different.

Anyways I updated and when I tried to run gdesklets I got a "permission denied." In the terminal I opened it had my name in it, but when I run uname -a I get this,

Linux gamer 2.4.22-21mdk #1 Fri Oct 24 22:43:28 MDT 2003 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

Also my beginning boot screen has Linux, linus fail safe, windows, and the new kernel. I had already removed the old one.

Thanks for the hlep ahead of time.

FX

Check this out.

http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/kernelupdate.php

Unless Mandrake has announced differently, update urpmi first ,and then urpmi kernel-xxx.xxx.rpm. I'm not sure how to proceed in your case, although using urpmi, and forcing it, might correct the new kernel installation. These are just guesses, things that I would try, but I am not afraid of rendering my machine useless for breif periods of time! :twisted:

Well if you only new how many time I have reinstalled Mandrake. From switching between RH9 and Mandrake, then Fedora and Mandrake. Now Im getting the "public release" or 9.2 and I am gonna install that.

Thanks for the response and I will save that page for future use, like when 2.6 comes out. :)

FX