Linus Served with Subpeona in SCO suit

Guest JaseP

Linus Torvalds has been served with a Subpeona in the SCO suit. SCO has served him in part of their Discovery (the fact-finding part of a lawsuit).

This is the first time Linus has ever been served legal papers other than speeding tickets, so he's looking for lawyers now.

See the article here:

http://www.newsforge.com/business/03/11/13...13/072251.shtml

SCO is so retarded. they are opening a serious can of worms here. virtually none of the oses out there are 100% original. i absolutely dispise any company, business, or otherwise that sues in order to make their salaries. sco will pay a heavy price for trying to put themselves on top using this method. i guess they think that they will be able to cash in if they put everyone else out of business....but they won't sco has shown me nothing that they are able to manage a business. they aren't even able to understand their own code enough to build a really good case against any one.

they could also hurt the third party manufacturers. without cash investment from the big oses businesses such as apple or redhat that market could dry up quite a bit. i can't imagine too many companies with be too interested in suppling sco with stuff when they try to put them out odf the market.

sco is crapping where they eat and will eventually pay the price.

I've seen that Stallman has been aslo served with a subpoena in this case. IANAL, but I wonder what the SCO ones smoke to get such crazy ideas. Calling Torvalds and Stallman in court ? They're going to eat alive the SCO lawyers.

One positive point anyway: For such a show, RMS may change his T-shirt for a clean one.

For an haircut and a tie, no way. Unless SCO wants to patent the GNU GPL.

All indications point to what sco is really up to: they want to stop gnu/gpl. Remember, it is ms money fueling them. This is an attack on the very heart of linux. ms just went through several rounds of legal engagements concerning their monopolistic business practices. They have been affected by the forray, so they are balancing the tables. ms destroys their opponent before the opponent even knows what's up. It's not sco, it's ms, and the target is gnu/gpl.

conspiracy theories aside.... ;)

the legal battle is real, linus will be on the stand, and in the end we'll find out whether or not our legal system is worth the taxes we pay (speaking of course from the perspective of Americans ;) ).

All indications point to what sco is really up to: they want to stop gnu/gpl. Remember, it is ms money fueling them. This is an attack on the very heart of linux. ms just went through several rounds of legal engagements concerning their monopolistic business practices. They have been affected by the forray, so they are balancing the tables. ms destroys their opponent before the opponent even knows what's up. It's not sco, it's ms, and the target is gnu/gpl.

??the heck??

do you sleep with the light on too?

:P :P :screwy:

... and in the end we'll find out whether or not our legal system is worth the taxes we pay (speaking of course from the perspective of Americans ;) ).

I know from my close American friends that the American legal system is not that legal (a business oriented legal system) since the one who has more money wins (with better lawyers or with...) no matter what the case is. And we all sow what happened with MS monopoly case!!!

Therefore worth the paid taxes or not, the legal system is not for the American people to decide, it's for the American business to decide. Isn't that crystal clear?

My thoughts are with my American friends who were smashed by your legal system that has not much to do with being legal.

yawn

this clown act lost all humour ages ago

/me throws tomatos,

GET OFF THE STAGE SCO!

Good point iphitus.

Its like a case of some tired series that's been running on TV for ever and they havn't come up with a new plot yet!!!

yawn;;;;

Every so often they try and get back viewing figures by calling in a guest star.

The press write it up as an event bigger than who killed JR and mysteriously bring everyone back yto life to carry on the same dreary plot....

.... guest star walks on stage says HI-Im the Fonz and exits stage right....

Audience sit up and scream .... (although you probably missed happy days so lets say JERRY...JERRY) ... hey add nothing new to the plot and thats about it.

iphitus, Gowator: thank you sir but please don't call me sco because I am not. I really hope sco will lose and MS will face a real punishment in the EU.

Gowator, when I go to the States I have no chance/time to watch the TV but I think I have an idea from my American colleagues at work. I don't watch TV in my country and I think only programs made by the BBC are worth watching because they show the point of view from each side and leave the viewer to decide for him/herself.

The other thing that I wanted to say is that I am worried about Linux because if it didn't make in the States, then it is unlikely for it to have a chance somewhere else. And it's about time for the economy to recover so Linux will be less interesting for the companies to use.

Finally, I apologize to anyone who finds what I wrote to be offensive. I didn't mean that. And just like anyone else, I know and see many examples of people who can not accept other people's thoughts especially when it comes to discussing the system, the monarchy, the country, etc..

The other thing that I wanted to say is that I am worried about Linux because if it didn't make in the States, then it is unlikely for it to have a chance somewhere else.

Hi,

I don't think so :D

Did you heard about China Government positions and GNU/Linux?

They surelly won't care a dawn to what happens in USA Courts B)

:afro: Lopo

einamo....

Ermmm. how did you get the idea myself or iphuitus were knocking you....or anyone was offended.

iphitus from my reading (and I happen to know he's an aussie) was basically just saying the continued actions of SCO are becoming boring.

Anyone who read 'so long and thanks for all the fish' this is like the continuing absense of the dolpins story....

Basically we all sit here waiting for SCO to actually produce some credible evidence and the continued news is just complete lack of evidence.

Then they call guess witnesses who have big names like Alan Cox and Linux Torwalds (anon...I demand a we are not worthy emoticon)

IMHO.... this board is the only place on the entire internet we actually rationally discuss the issues you wrote at the bottom....

As it happens I am English...the olf format board (or to older members mid format board) happened to have a tag in your sig where you could say where you were.... I happen to be in france right now...

I have lived all round the world and very rarely find anything worth watching on TV....

I erm very much doubt ANYONE of the regulars here would find your post offensive.... they might not agree and they might reply they don't agree BUT people who would have found your post offensive would tend not to stick around here very long (or at least never read the offtopic)

I see you have 4 posts.... good start....

Please stick around and WELCOME....

About the only no-no here is use of strong language (some of which is well inexplicible) - ahem I guess different words are stronger in different regions/countries... and I got pm'd ONCE ... which wasn't a ticking off it was just a sorry its on our list of banned words so I edited it sorry...

The only other thing which happens astoundingly rarely is personal name calling... of course that is self explanatory....

I personally lived in any countries and I have yet to find one that doesn't deserve criticism. Heck I could jump in with Roland and criticise the heck out of France on 1001 things (Roland is French) and so long as I don't mind him criticising 1001 things on the UK we reach detant.

On the other hand I love living here!!!

And one more thing.....

Please never refer to me as SIR....

AGGGHHHHHHH

^_^ (just kidding)