Problem Playing DVDs

Daveleh

Here's a strange phenom .. phenom... phnom .. occurrence :P

I have LibDVDread installed

I have LibDVDnav installed

I have LibDVDcss installed

I have 3 video players available; Mplayer, Totem & Xine

If I play one of my DVDs in Mplayer it plays fine, I don't get the on disk menu that enables me to choose scene, extras etc but it plays ok

If I play the same DVD in Totem or Xine I get an error telling me that I am trying to play an encrypted DVD and in order to do so I need LibDVDcss installed :angry:

Anyone come across this before?

xine may need libdvdcss2, not libdvdcss, but not mention that properly.

mplayer doesn't have menu support, so it skips those; it still allows you to choose audio and subtitle languages etc, so sometimes I actually prefer it, it doesn't put all the advertisements for dolby and whatnot in front of the movie....

Problem now solved :D

I used urpmi to install videolanclient and that installde a bunch of other stuff including libdvdcss2 and libdvdplay.

Now all three video players work OK except that the display in their individual windows as very bright. The main screen is fine though. I obviously need to play around and set contrast & brightness for the programs but so far have only found that in Mplayer which has an equaliser but which resets to default every time I close it down.

I'll keep you informed of the progress