Dual Boot Mandriva 2010 with Windows 7

RevJack

i've got windows 7 on a raid 0 array and mandriva 2010RC2 on an ide drive. no problems accessing data on win 7. i'm using grub installed to the ide drive to boot both oss.

Edited by CygnusX1

Have both on one single SATA-disk.

First installed Windows7 and afterwards Mandriva 2009.1

No problem at all, until................................

Until i had a package of updates for Windows 7, after rebooting GRUB was gone.

That is, GRUB went like a flash through my screen, and the system rebooted, and rebooted, and.......

Had to use the Mandriva installation DVD to repair GRUB.

Everything just fine now, but didn't try to boot Windows 7 again, for being afraid of new damage to GRUB.

Guest BaidareW

Well I have problems trying to install Mandriva 2010 with Windows 7 already installed on RAID. Mandirva installs OK, but it didn't apear as option to choose on startup, Windows 7 boots without grub selection so I can't boot into system.

Guest BaidareW

I choose suggested option "use free space" as I left some before installing windows, and actually I don't know where files where written, but I have only RAID and no other hdd. So the only thing it could happen, installer didn't sow RAID but two SATA HDDs. How can I check that ?

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have problems trying to install Mandriva 2010 with Windows 7 already installed on RAID. Mandirva installs OK, but it didn't apear as option to choose on startup, Windows 7 boots without grub selection so I can't boot into system.

Hi there. I have the same problem.

I have Raid 0 from 2x Sata HDD. Windows 7 was installed first. Installation of Mandriva was successful. The installer loaded device driver "BIOS.RAID" and saw Raid 0 properly as one disk. I've installed Mandriva at free space of disk, and created there three partition(root/swap/home). In GRUB chapter at installation I choose MBR.

After finishing installation, Windows 7 boots without selection of other OS.

Can any one help with this issue?