Little Known HTML Editor

cjc

Coffeecup Software is very well known.

Their free Linux HTML editor has been around for quite a while now, it works ok, but the port is a little shaky and you'd do better using Bluefish or Screem... what I do like about Coffeecup though, is the scripts it comes with, some of them are handy...

I was wondering what benefits there are in using a HTML editor such as bluefish over emacs/vi/other text editor?
Are you serious? OK, I'll bite :P

Someone like me who...

1. doesn't 'know' html

2. doesn't really want to 'know' html

...can "Insert" the code via gui buttons, then type what we want it to display, or just "Insert" what we want it to do, without the need to read a book or 'know' html.

Moving a little offtopic but I was wondering what benefits there are in using a HTML editor such as bluefish over emacs/vi/other text editor?

Personally since I do all my own coding I just like the fact that bluefish "highlights" code so I quickly know if something is wrong.

well i use quanta for my site which makes it a lot easier to handle. It saves all files in a site into a project which loads at start and i have a handy window with only things i want in there. that means if i want to leave all images out and only have html i can do that. I keeps it organized plus it has tag completion and tag highlighting (which is really what the kate kpart does but...). I really liked bluefish when i tried it, but it didn't haven't the projects thing going and i couldn't preview my html file right in there so i stuck with quanta

and its free and kde! :D :thumbs:

I cant let illogic-al run around being a little KDE-zealot :P :angry:

Bluefish rules!!!

I find it good, Quanta is too big - bloated, well it seems that way for me anyway.

iphitus

I won't even dignify that with a response :) Actually i just did. Anyway, yes Bluefish does rule but for managing large sites quanta is still better. It's a matter of convenience which i prefer over the greater functionality quanta has. And screem, it doesn't even compare. The only thing that works in it's favor is that highlighting looks good. It couldn't even open up my index.html file.