Mandriva Repo's

Guest speedyg4523

Guest speedyg4523

In the last 24 hours Mandriva's repoisitories have failed while I attempted to install software into both the 2009.1 and the 20110 RC1 releases.I am sure this has to do with the fact that KDE3 is being dropped and that we are almost to the official release of 2010.My original installation medium were the DualArch cd's.Gnome packages seem to be ok,but many packages with depedencies in KDE fail.

Anyone know more on this subject?

[moved from Portal News by Greg2 – welcome aboard :)]

Not all the mirrors are good. Manually add one of the mirrors using the site below. I recommend one of the French mirrors or the Carroll USA mirror. You can try the mirror's URL (html or ftp) in your web browser to make sure the site is up before adding it. The best way is to remove your existing mirrors first in MCC, then add the new ones. The best way to add a mirror is to copy the lines in the advanced box into terminal as root after manually selecting your mirror by clicking on "Switch to manual mirror selection".

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Edited by David Batson