Let me know what you think. I re-did;

'Home'

'Contact'

'Reprints'

'Capabilities'

pages

and on the;

'Location'

page the background is not showing rt now and that's all I really did to it. I have not validated all of them either. I know there're a few, easy to fix errors in both the html and css pages.....ooops, just found them.

[EDIT]Galeon in linux and IE won't do the mousover/font color effects from the css files either :angry:

Since 98%, and up, of the people accessing the pages will be using IE win/mac, they want me to make the css file's for IE :angry: :deal: furious3

Looks like your getting the hang of it now and getting everything under control.

The background image is working now with my IE and Mac 8.6 combo. That location page background doesn't show cause it is linked to someone's C: drive (but I bet you figured that one out already).

I looked at the css file --- and to me it looks like the problem may be cause your missing the a:visited and a:active subsections. I am not sure if the a section alone is totally correct. This may be the cause of the links not working as you would like.

Also, just wondering, how could a child folder on someone's personnal website with RR not be working, when the parent folder (or root) web files work ?

Thanks :unsure: but control is not a choice word.....they're talking about changing the font. :o

I noticed the background pointing to my hd and told her this morning.....was fixed, but now it's not.

You're probably rt about the css file, and I've thought of that, but haven't taken the time to figure out those tags, or whatever. Althought the css files do validate.

Also, just wondering, how could a child folder on someone's personnal website with RR not be working, when the parent folder (or root) web files work ?
That's what I want ot know! :o ....heh, sometimes the Screenshot thumbnails show up, sometimes only one does. :juggle:

back up.

Mystified found the seamless filter in the gimp to make this tileable background;

http://home.houston.rr.com/bvc/gs/index1.html

I tried it w/o cropping a section of the image first :unsure: ....with a cool result

http://home.houston.rr.com/bvc/gs/index.html

makes a nice wallpaper, don't ya think? I'm using it.

Now, the prepress mgr is talking about buying adobe's $400 GoLive and learning himself. For $400, I hope he doesn't have to learn too much ;)

/scoopy must play with this seamless filter that mysti has found.

To be honest, yeah, it looks cool, but I think it lost that "Gulf" look.

And for $400. --- I would personally teach him how use Mozilla Composer and I would even throw in a free copy of Mozilla too. ;)

(PS: Macromedia's Dreamweaver would be a better choice)

Okay, to give credit where it's due tyme and HJ told me about the seamless filter. I was trying to figure out a way to help bvc with his image and told them I needed to find a way to make images tile and they told me about how simple it is to do in gimp.