use urpmi to acquire source rpm

Guest S P Arif Sahari Wibowo

Hi!

If I need to rebuild a package (add patches, change configuration parameter) I will need to download and "install" the source rpm first, right?

Now, how can I do that with urpmi? What media / mirrors list I need to add so urpmi can find sources of Mandriva packages (Main, Contrib, etc.)?

Thanks!

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

There should be an --install-src option for urpmi but I've never tried it and I read that it doesn't work.

I think the easiest way is to browse the repository index and instead of going into i586 or x86_64, go into the SRPMS directory instead - then you'll see the main/contrib directories.

I will need to download and "install" the source rpm first, right?

Now, how can I do that with urpmi? What media / mirrors list I need to add so urpmi can find sources of Mandriva packages (Main, Contrib, etc.)?

Well, I found that installing source from urpmi is not that useful, since urpmi will not also install build dependencies (BuildRequires). Instead urpmi only install build dependencies from a source file or spec file. So, probably make as much sense just download the src rpms manually.

Thanks!