Mandriva 2009 One install problem

Guest Jozsibacsi

Guest Jozsibacsi

Hi members:

I want to replace Mandriva 2007 on an HP 700Mhz Celeron box with Mandriva2009 One from a CD.

The first screen gives me only two choices: Mandriva 2009 or the hard disk. After choosing Mandriva 2009, the system starts to install until the message "Starting session manager" message shows up, then the screen goes blanck and the CD drive and the hard drive just keep buzzing and buzzing. I suspect, that there is not enough free space on the HD. I used Diskkill to wipe the last two partitions, but nothing changed.

My question: How can I start the install directly onto the hard drive bypassing the try out mode.

Regards,

Joseph

Edited by Jozsibacsi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jozsibacsi

Thanks Mr. Daniewicz,

I could have used my Mandriva 2009 Powerpack, I purchased earlier, but I wanted just a light version for this older machine.

So then what is the ONE version for?

Mandriva One is a LiveCD that you can use without installing - so you can try and see if everything works and also whether you like it or not. Then, if you like it, you can then install it and use it.

Guest Jozsibacsi

Thanks for all the help on this subject.

I ended up installing UBUNTU 9.x. I thought, the Mandriva Powerpack is too elaborate for the purpose.

Have a nice day!

Joseph.

Edited by Jozsibacsi