Gwenview as default in Mandriva KDE Cooker?

rldev

I have set Gwenview as the default file manager. However, it only works if I select my folders from plasma view. If I click on my "Home" desktop icon, the system launches Dolphin. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

You can use pretty much any filemanager as default in KDE4: nautilus, thunar, pcmanfm, rox-filer...

You may like to take a look at Thunar, which is a great filemanager, fully pluggable, and very fast (much faster than Nautilus).

PcmanFM is also a good+fast filemanager, but still slightly buggy.

I have set Gwenview as the default file manager. However, it only works if I select my folders from plasma view. If I click on my "Home" desktop icon, the system launches Dolphin. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

The Home icon is configured to launch dolphin. Right-click on the icon, select Properties and take a look at the Application tab. You would need to edit the command in order to launch your preferred file manager instead of dolphin.

Jim

Edited by jkerr82508

You can use pretty much any filemanager as default in KDE4: nautilus, thunar, pcmanfm, rox-filer...

You may like to take a look at Thunar, which is a great filemanager, fully pluggable, and very fast (much faster than Nautilus).

PcmanFM is also a good+fast filemanager, but still slightly buggy.

I didn't know I could use anything and have tight integration. I like Thunar and will give it a shot.

I can't right click on the icons. For some reason it crashes my desktop(2010 Cooker).