Rivatv on Mandrake 9.2

Glitz

I tried to install rivatv on Mandrake 9.2 after patching it to use the new i2c bus structures found with lm_sensors. It compiles correctly but I still get dependency problems when I try to modprobe the modules. Has anyone managed to successfully install this under Mandrake 9.2 or any other 2.4.22 kernel?

Glitz.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this to work in 9.1. Strange thing is, I didn't have any compile problems. I thinking though, it has something to do with when I installed xawtv.

I didn't install xawtv when I installed 9.1. At the time, I thought I wouldn't be able to watch TV anyway. So, I got rivatv and compiled it. It fussed at first about the framebuffer. I disabled that, recompiled, and everything went fine. Think it said something about using xawtv to watch TV. So I had to install it. Did, and nothing but crashes. Yes, I "modprobe rivatv" first and then "xawtv" it never comes up. A different time and different wm I was running later, I did "modprobe rivatv" and "xawtv" and B A M ! ... Major lockup! I could not get to console or nothing. This is also the first time anthing has locked up on this install of MDK 9.1.

I'm not sure though, I thought I read somewhere that you could watch TV through mplayer. That'd be fine by me if it'll work. I love mplayer for watching DVDs. The best picture ever! rammbbllinggg.... oops...

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix either of above problems. Or, just tell me how to watch TV on my system.

System:

Intel P4 2.66

1gb ram

ASUS 64mb GeForce 4 MX440 the video suite one.

Linux MDK 9.1 custom kernel. Only compiled for P4 and No floppy.

Technonoid, I have an ASUS V8200 deluxe (Geforce 3) using the Nvidia drivers and SMP. I had no trouble getting it to run with Xawtv under LM9.1. I did notice that Xawtv would not start up on occasion if I didn't have a proper video signal on the S-video input but it never locked up my system.

tyme, I deleted the source files so I'm going to have to re-apply the I2C patch and re-compile. I'll let you know what the exact output is when I've done that. Thanks.

Glitz.

• 1 month later...

I didn't recompile (I still have my previously compiled attempt).

When I try to 'make install' the following errors occur:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7108e.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7111a.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/saa7113h.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/tuner.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/tvaudio.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/tvmixer.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/tw98.o

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/vpx32xx.o

If I then do 'modprobe rivatv' the following errors occur:

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol i2c_master_send

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol proc_root_driver

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol proc_symlink

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol kernel_flag_cacheline

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol pci_free_consistent

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol create_proc_entry

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol i2c_bit_del_bus

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol video_register_device

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol remove_wait_queue

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol video_unregister_device

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol i2c_bit_add_bus

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol pci_alloc_consistent

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol remove_proc_entry

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol add_wait_queue

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol i2c_master_recv

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol mem_map

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol irq_stat

/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o: unresolved symbol vmalloc_to_page

modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdksmp/kernel/drivers/media/video/rivatv.o failed

modprobe: insmod rivatv failed

Glitz.