Using linux for a DVR?

flarefox

Hello! I wonder if anyone else here has the same problem I do and what you did to solve it... I have 2 Silicondust HDTV tuners to pick up digital cable signals and mythtv on linux and mac as the backend setup. They're wonderful! But....the cable company out in the area I just moved to only sends analog through their coax cables. I'm stuck with nothing I can use. I can't justify getting ANOTHER tuner card and rendering these two dual tuner network cards useless...it just seems like a big waste. Is anyone else running into this problem? I spent forever on the phone with the cable company who said I needed to find something that could convert analog cable to digital. I haven't found anything even remotely close to that. Has anyone else done this? How did you manage? Is there a box somewhere I can buy that will convert them pass the 2 existing digital channels through? I don't mind if it remaps them or something. I just want to be able to use my tuners. Or is there some way to get the silicondust tuners to pick up analog as well as digital? I've been scouring the internet for something that could do this with no luck... Any help is appreciated!