• Announcements

• spinynorman

Mandriva Official Documentation

Official documentation for extant versions of Mandriva can be found at doc.mandriva.com.   Documentation for the latest release may take some time to appear there. You can install all the manuals from the main repository if you have Mandriva installed - files are prefixed mandriva-doc.
    • paul

Forum software upgrade   10/29/17

So you may have noticed the forum software has upgraded !!!
      A few things that have changed. We no longer have community blogs (was never really used) We no longer have a portal page.
      We can discuss this, and decide whether it is needed (It costs money) See this thread: Here
Sign in to follow this  
Urza9814

Going back to b44 from ndiswrapper

Ok, so my wireless card was having some problems, so I was screwing with that, but at one point when I was configuring ndiswrapper I selected the wrong driver and ended up with ndiswrapper controlling my wired ethernet card. And now I can't download any large files ('large' meaning a couple megs) without my connection dying and refusing to come back until I do a complete reboot. (I've tried ifdown and ifup, as well as ifplugd -ki) But now I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I believe my card should be using the b44 driver, but every time I try removing and/or blacklisting ndiswrapper and reconfiguring it, mcc says that there's no adapter to configure. I don't mind if this means completely removing ndiswrapper, as I did manage to get my wifi back to the native driver...so the only thing it's being used for now is the wired.

Oh, and some miscellaneous info that may be useful:

Ethernet card: BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX

Mandriva version: One 2009.0

Kernel version: 2.6.29.1-desktop586-4mnb

ndiswrapper version: 1.55

I would say remove ndiswrapper if you don't need it installed. It would probably get you back to where you were before with the wired connection.