query video frame size? [solved]

flarefox

Hello! This is a little off topic since it is video related but not exactly mandriva only. I'm hoping someone here knows how to grab a frame size from an mpg video file. I'm writing a tcl script (It's the first language I learned and the one I'm most comfortable with) to try and simplify my life. I run mythtv, but mythtranscode doesn't work for my setup with the output I need. I run myth on my mandriva pc and my mac and need to rescale everything to 720p video if it is HD or leave it as is if it is SD and transcode to h264 for streaming to my other computers and TV. I have several shortcuts already to check for commercials, transcode if it is 720p video, or transcode if it is 1080i, but I don't know how to query whether the video is large and interlaced or not. Does anyone know a command I can run which will give me back the frame size? Something simple? Is there a command built-into tcl that I don't know about or some command-line utility to dump the size? I'm using ffmpeg for transcoding now. I can get it if I run ffmpeg -i infile.mpg but that gives me many many lines of data and is difficult to work with and doesn't always output the same. There's got to be a simpler way to get the file statistics... Does anyone know? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.