Nice little trick in 2.4 for nautilus

Falcdragon

Nice little trick in 2.4 for nautilus. Some of you probably already know it but hey.

Any way if your dragging and dropping files around your desktop in gnome or in nautilus try draging with the middle mouse button, if your mouse has one. A rather usefull little menu will pop up when you release it. Like windows's old right mouse button drag.

Hello all,

When I last installed a MD.. lemme see, a couple months ago maybe.. I noticed a software that claimed CAD type capabilities. I don't remember what it was. Anyway, I was hoping to make a full set of home blueprints all for free on my wonderful linux box. Does anybody here know of or suspect any softwares for such a task?

Perhaps you are refering to:

Name: qcad

Version: 1.5.4-2mdk

Size: 11055 KB

Source: International CD (x86) (cdrom3)

Currently installed version: (none)

Summary: A professional CAD system

Description: QCad is a professional CAD System. With QCad you can easily construct and change drawings with ISO-text and many other features and save them as DXF-files. These DXF-files are the interface to many CAD-systems such as AutoCAD and many others.

I've partially delved into qcad (since it is free and I can afford that!), and it looks pretty good. I was working with it virtually, so the experience was not as good as it could have been, but I think it just may do what I need it to. At least if I cannot do a virtual walk through, I think I could make plans that could be used on a construction site which is what is truly important.