Please Help - External Monitor or HDTV connection

Guest Casio

Hi,

I installed Mandriva 2009.1(KDE) on my laptop which is connected to my HDTV with RGB cable. When I start the Mandriva I get the blank screen and when I reduce the resolutions it starts Mandriva and shows the welcome screen and a white background. Also the system takes long time to start.

Please let me know the process to run external monitor in Mandriva.

Thnks,

Casio

Edited by Casio

On my Compaq laptop computer I enable output to the external monitor by holding Fn key and pressing F4. There may also be a BIOS setting for the external monitor. I think most laptops have a similar procedure to toggle between internal LCD and external monitor. Read the computer's user manual for instructions specific to your computer.

On my Thinkpad, hot keys did not work in Mandriva 2008.0 out of the box. Most of them worked in Ubuntu, but ironically Fn+F7 (which toggles between the laptop LCD and an external display) did not work either. I had to do a lot of tweaking until I got it working. There are two things to resolve here. First, the graphic card must be configured to allow output to an external display. Secondly, ACPI daemon must be able to recognize the event "Fn+Fx is pressed" and must be able to take an appropriate action.

Casio, the easiest thing to start with is connect the monitor and configure the graphics card again using the Mandriva configuration tools or the card config utility (if you have Nvidia or ATI).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.