nvidia g105m driver

Guest Mandriva Turkiye

Guest Mandriva Turkiye

Hello.

I have a nVidia video card G105M need to establish what driver? will be provided full support for g105m When?

laptops model acer 5738g

Thanks..

[moved from Software by Greg2]

You can use the default "nv" driver that comes with Mandriva, unfortunately you won't have great 3D performance at all. So your display will be very basic.

I checked Nvidia's website, and they don't provide any drivers at present for Linux and the 100M series cards. So I guess Nvidia might develop something, but I don't know when. You might want to contact Nvidia.

I've found several users that do have the nvidia driver version 185.18.14 working with your laptop's GPU. Here's the info they have posted:

nvnews.net/vbulletin

and

drivers-for-nvidia-geforce-g105m

These both have instructions for using Ubuntu and the nvidia drivers from nvidia.com, and manualy editing the xorg.conf file. However I have just checked and I see that dkms-nvidia-current-185.18.31-1 is available in the official/2009.1/non-free/backports repo, and it lists support for the G 103M. So if you'd like to try that, we could help you if you would have to edit your xorg.conf file.

It's not as hard as it may sound. :)