MDK 2009.1 Desktop

Stevieag

Hi, i feel im wasting your time and space asking this but its bugging me?

On the KDE 4 desktop of MDK 2009.1 there is a bar on the right hand side (clear and jutts out a touch), what is it and whats it for.

Next, in kde 3 my task bar was narrow and grew wider as i opened more. i dont seem to be able to get teh say effect with 4? i had 3 set to centre and as narrow as poss then dynamic, i kinda get something with 4 by setting similar but its not very user friendly with the strange width settings. is there anywhere you suggest for help?

thanks as always

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Hi, i feel im wasting your time and space asking this but its bugging me?

On the KDE 4 desktop of MDK 2009.1 there is a bar on the right hand side (clear and jutts out a touch), what is it and whats it for.

I had the same on my EEE701 if you move the icon's for home and trashcan a little bit from the side of your screen it should be gone. It's a scrolling bar.

The other thing i can't find it either in the taskbar.

Edited by willie

The settings for your taskbar are made using sliders on a panel that will open above your task bar when you click an the cashew at the right hand side of the task bar. You need to unlock widgets to access these functions. You may need to play with it a little bit to see what happens, but all you want can be done visually in real time.