Installing Gnome 2.4 and Kde 3.1.4

Darkelve

How would I go about this? I can't find any RPM's (only bunches of files) and I currently don't have an internet connection with Mandrake (could do it, but it's really inconvenient cause of the other computers on our little home network)

Darkelve

Well, you could install Mandy 9.2, which comes with Gnome 2.4 and the latest KDE.

I'm just curious: why would it be inconvenient to get your Mandrake box onto the net? If you did, you could add some urpmi sources and probably install 2.4 that way, it would also solve dependencies for you.

Otherwise you can get the source and compile it, but this might cause more pain then it is worth...

Well, you could install Mandy 9.2, which comes with Gnome 2.4 and the latest KDE.

I'm just curious: why would it be inconvenient to get your Mandrake box onto the net?

well, it's a wireless network, but my wireless network (card) device doesn't work with Mandrake, so I have to bring out the old cable, and that will mean all the other computers at home would be without an internet connection.

I've thought of buying another router/access device for my PC to solve this problem, but it's kind of expensive.

Maybe I will try 9.2; they say it has extra support for USB 2.0 (which is just what I need for some of my external devices) and support for *some* wireless network devices (if my Intel pro/wireless 2011 USB device is included, I'd be in heaven, not holding my hopes up though).

Darkelve