Anyone know of a RedHat only forum?

Guest klinger2004

Guest klinger2004

This forum, being mostly for Mandrake (which I also use - but never really have problems with it :lol: ) is awesome - is there a comparable forum site for RedHat? I need one like that since I have lots more problems with RedHat (such as random hangups, prog crashes etcetc) than I do Mandrake. With Mandrake, I installed and it just goes and goes...great Distro. RedHat, on the other hand, is not as newbie friendly as Mandrake is - but I love it nonetheless and I wish to learn more about it...

I've searched and searched google mostly, not finding any dedicated forums. I am surprised that the only thing I could really find was a mailing list on RHs site. And I'd rather not use redhats web support, I like a forum atmosphere much better.

Thanks

Eric

Guest klinger2004

Thanks for the reply. It's nice that we have this great forum for Mandrake!!! But now that I kinda sorta know my way around it, Im not having very many problems with it... so far ;) . It's funny that such a major distro like RH doesn't have a great forum such as this one! But I suppose that's how RH sucks you into buying their support huh? I've purchased RH, SuSE, and MD so far - and although I really like RH9's interface, I have found MD to be more stable for me up until now. Haven't had any probs with SuSE either. Thanks again!

It's funny that such a major distro like RH doesn't have a great forum such as this one! But I suppose that's how RH sucks you into buying their support huh?

This site isn't supported by mandrake; it's entirely a voluteer, independent effort. And I feel they would like us to quietly go away so they could sell more mandrake club memberships. A lot of decent people had the foresight to independently keep this site going after mandrake pulled the plug on the old site. We all have them to thank so let's give credit where credit is due :wink:

And I feel they would like us to quietly go away so they could sell more mandrake club memberships.

Sadly thats very true. I have even spoke on the phone to MDK, explaining why we think this board should remain independent, they just don't understand, "move to MDK club" is there answer.

Sorry to go off topic, please continue with the forum for redhat thread.